Athletics day- Post by Dhriti

On the 12th of August all students from our school went to an athletics track for athletics day. We all had a great time paticipating in all the activities that are listed below –

• 800 metres race
  • 200 metres race
  • 100 metres race
  • Relay races
  • Triple jump
  • High jump
  • Long jump
  • Shot put
  • Discus

The top two students in all activities went to district, where they competed against others schools in our district.

Which activity did you enjoy the most? If you didn’t do an activity would you have liked to participate in?  

13 thoughts on “Athletics day- Post by Dhriti

1. Hi 3/4W,

Wow, I love your blog! It looks like you all have put a lot of effort into it over the year.
    In Perth today it is 31 degrees – very hot :o)

My favourite events at athletics day when I was in primary school, were high jump, long jump and 100m sprint.

Mrs Merivale

• Dear Mrs Merivale,
      Athletics day was so much fun.
      We all had fun and some people even got into district!!!!!!!!!
      Me, James and Angus got into athletics day district and Angus got into division.
      But the the bad thing was our school sports clothes were shorts and it was chilly cold, plus we had to wait after we have done our event/s. Athletics day was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Max

• Dear Mrs Merivale
      Thanks for looking at our blog in Perth. It must be very hot there. What do you do when you are in Perth?
      From Lucas 🙂

2. Dear 34w
    I enjoyed the relay. The fastest 4 girls and boys got picked to represent their class in a relay race. It was at the end and I liked racing others.
    From georgie

3. Dear 34W,
    I really enjoyed Athletics day Because I like 800 meters because it is one of my strengths and I came first.
    One other thing that was good is that Angus got into division and it was the best day and we had lots of funnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!
    From James!!!

4. Dear 3/4W
    i I really liked Athletics Day, I had a very good time. I liked Triple Jump and Long Jump. I also liked all the other sports. Sadly, I didn’t get to do Shot Put because I went to do 800 metre race. But Athletics Day was very nice. It was fun!!!
    From Evan

5. Hi 34w,
    This sounds like a really fun activity! I’m from California, in the United States. My class is participating in the Blogging Challenge. This week’s challenge is to ask a question about food. Can you visit my class blog http://www.flags8.org, to tell us about a popular food where you’re from?
    From Z