In 3/4W, we just read a book called ‘Never lonely again’ and spoke about what makes a good friend.
This is what we thought about what makes a good friend:
- Be kind to people and not shout. Use kind voices and tones.
- If someone is lonely, you can try to be their friend or be friendly towards them.
- When they have made good choices, you should say ‘good job’ or encourage them.
- Share things with your friends.
- Say nice things to people and maybe say ‘I can be your friend’.
- Remind your friends or people kindly about making the right choices. Don’t encourage inappropriate choices or pay attention to not so good choices.
- Be confident to say ‘stop’ to things that are unkind or hurtful to people. If they don’t stop, use persistence to keep trying or tell a teacher.
Do you think there is anything we could add to the list? If so, please include it in the comments. How have you been a good friend?