This term the integrated unit for 3/4s is ‘Let’s have a ball’. This week we put on blindfolds and had to identify balls. We had to feel the balls and describe the texture and how they felt. The balls we investigated were: basketballs, soccer balls, downballs, tennis balls, golf balls, footballs and stress balls. Some similarities and differences we found were:
- Lots of balls had bumps
- Some were soft and some were hard
- Some could bounce
- Some were smooth
- Some were shaped differently
Some of the differences were because:
- The footy was shaped like an oval or diamond-like as you need to have better grip when you pass or kick it.
- Lots of balls had bumps because in a lot of sports you need grip to shoot, pass or kick.
- Downballs are smooth because you don’t really need grip when you play the game and it makes it bounce higher.
Can you name your favourite ball and describe why it is that way?