3/4W has been planting A FOREST in the persuasive writing planet

This term, 3/4W has been looking at how to write an excellent persuasive piece. We looked at a video about how to use persuasive devices in our arguments. A FOREST is an acronym standing for (please see our slideshow)…

Pick a persuasive device and give an example in the comments below.

15 thoughts on “3/4W has been planting A FOREST in the persuasive writing planet

1. Dear 3/4W
    I think we did an awesome job with the FOREST. I have picked an alliteration so here is my example for computers games are waste of time.
    Computer games are Wacky and Wasteful

From Rhiannon 🙂

2. Dear 3/4W,
    I chose an emotion as my persuasive device. I couldn’t think of a topic so I chose, Computer games are a waste of time. I came up with “Save our electricity!” because you waste electricity when you play computer games. A lot! I know you learnt a lot about persuasive devices. So did I! The slideshow was great and we worked really hard on it.
    From Amy

3. Dear 3/4W,
    I have to admit, you did a great job! It looks good and it must’ve been hard. I think computer games make people live in their games which will make them interact badly from the real world. Do you agree?
    From Richard (Amy’s dad)

• Dear Richard,
      Thank you for your comment! We really enjoyed reading it. We agree that some computer games could make you have nightmares and there are violent games out there. Do you like playing computer games?
      From 3/4W

4. Dear 34W,
    I am looking forward to camp because it was real fun last year! For all the things we did it was all great fun I loved all of it. Everyone who hadn’t gone I will say one word ENJOY!!!:)
    From Katharine

5. Dear 3/4W and Ms Wong,
    I am excited to learn new math questions, make new friends and learn diffrent sports, reading, maths and do art. So as you now I like this school so thank you 3/4W and Ms Wong for being my class.
    from Raphael

6. Dear 3/4W,
    I chose an opinon on the topic computer games are a waste of time. It was… “Computer games are a heap of garbage”
    From Amy:)

7. Dear 3/4W,
    I really enjoyed creating “A Forest” slideshow with you and I would also like to make one myself at home. I enjoyed hearing all of the great ideas 3/4W had! My favourite part of “A Forest” was the alliteration, this is an alliteration I made up…
    Computer Games Are Dirty Devices!
    From Shari 🙂

8. Dear 3/4W,
    From Amy 🙂