This term 3/4w has been learning about visual literacy. We learnt about different layouts, shots and angles. Here is an example of a shot. A silhouette for instance is to show outlines of subjects against the light to create a mood. An example of an angle is a high angle. A high angle is an aerial or high shot placed above the subject suggesting looking down at them or to emphasise or perspective. We worked hard to illustrate some pictures to accompany our narrative pieces thinking about different layouts, shots and angles.
Look at some pictures we did. What layouts, shots and angles do you see?
34W Visual literacy portrait-1egp6i3
34W visual lit landscape-1ym4jjb
Last term, 3/4W participated in an activity called Matter Chef. It was just like Master Chef. We had a mystery ingredient which was an egg. We had 5 minutes at the pantry, 10 minutes to put together our ingredients, and 10 minutes at the Matter chef frying pan. We had judges taste our food, which was delicious. We made food like pancakes and toast, with toppings of peaches and chocolate. Here are some photos of 3/4W making their dessert:
What was your favourite part of Matter Chef and why?
Or if you didn’t participate,
What do you think you would have most enjoyed?
Term 2 has been a whirlwind of fun. We have participated in so many different activities. Some of them include:
- Matter Chef where we were put in 5 teams and we had to cook using eggs as our mystery item and a variety of ingredients. We were judged on our cooking and the judges had to taste our food. Ms Wong even tasted our food!
- Swimming for two weeks. We really enjoyed learning new strokes and going on large inflatable obstacle course.
- Having the forensic science incursion. We were told a diamond was stolen and we had to use clues to work out who was the thief out of four suspects.
- The Winter Concert where some people in 3/4W played the violin and guitar for the orchestras.
- Cross Country where we had to run 2km around a park.
- The illustrator/author Craig Smith visiting 3/4W. He showed us some of his great drawings and we had a go of drawing a kid on a skateboard.
- Art where we used clay to make pinch pots and clay figures.
- Mad about the Science incursion where a scientist spoke to us about dry ice and taught us about the different states of matter – gas, solid and liquid.
- Narrative writing where we wrote from the point of view of a character from a fairy tale. For example, writing from the point of view of Rumplestilskin or Goldilocks.
- Narrative writing where we wrote a sequel to a fairy tale. For example, writing what happens next in Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- The Biggest Morning Tea to raise money for the Cancer Council with our Year 1/2 buddy class.
- Maths times tables. We are hoping to get our licences soon.
- Having a student teacher, Ms Field, work with us for two weeks. She helped us with our science experiments.
- Reading groups where we read interesting books including The Twits, In Big Trouble and Veruschka Babushka.
- Maths fractions where we made fraction posters on what is a half.
What was your favourite activity this term and why?