Terrific things in Term 2

Term 2 has been a whirlwind of fun. We have participated in so many different activities. Some of them include:

• Matter Chef where we were put in 5 teams and we had to cook using eggs as our mystery item and a variety of ingredients. We were judged on our cooking and the judges had to taste our food. Ms Wong even tasted our food!
  • Swimming for two weeks. We really enjoyed learning new strokes and going on large inflatable obstacle course.
  • Having the forensic science incursion. We were told a diamond was stolen and we had to use clues to work out who was the thief out of four suspects.
  • The Winter Concert where some people in 3/4W played the violin and guitar for the orchestras.
  • Cross Country where we had to run 2km around a park.
  • The illustrator/author Craig Smith visiting 3/4W. He showed us some of his great drawings and we had a go of drawing a kid on a skateboard.
  • Art where we used clay to make pinch pots and clay figures.
  • Mad about the Science incursion where a scientist spoke to us about dry ice and taught us about the different states of matter – gas, solid and liquid.
  • Narrative writing where we wrote from the point of view of a character from a fairy tale. For example, writing from the point of view of Rumplestilskin or Goldilocks.
  • Narrative writing where we wrote a sequel to a fairy tale. For example, writing what happens next in Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
  • The Biggest Morning Tea to raise money for the Cancer Council with our Year 1/2 buddy class.
  •  Maths times tables. We are hoping to get our licences soon.
  • Having a student teacher, Ms Field, work with us for two weeks. She helped us with our science experiments.
  • Reading groups where we read interesting books including The Twits, In Big Trouble and Veruschka Babushka.
  • Maths fractions where we made fraction posters on what is a half.

What was your favourite activity this term and why?

12 thoughts on “Terrific things in Term 2

1. Dear 3/4w
    We enjoyed matterchef because we enjoyed cooking pancakes with our team. It was fun and everyone contributed and worked together Aka teamwork. We washed the dishes together it was really fun but lots of dirty work mainly because the food was stuck on. Tomas also helped.

From:Shauna and Minah

2. Dear 3/4W
    We are exited camp because we like to eat. We hope you have a good time.

From luke and kwong

3. Dear 3/4W,
    I really enjoyed matter chef because it was a challenge and we had to work as a team. I made chocolate pancakes with my group. People in my team were Wonlee, Nicolas and Kwong Kwong.
    From Vicka

4. Dear 3/4W,
    I enjoyed Matterchef because i liked seeing what interesting things people would come up with to cook. I also enjoyed tasting the food and judging.

From Ayla 😉

5. Dear 34W,
    I enjoyed Matterchef because I liked how we all got into groups and cooked amazing things.
    My group (Orange group) cooked egg on toast with chocolate. We came 4th with the Blue group.

From Shari 😉

6. Dear 34W,
    I enjoyed doing my Times Table tests because Multiplication is one of my favourite maths subjects.

From Shari 😉

7. Dear 3/4w,
    This term I enjoyed Matter chief so much. At home I would help my mum chop vegetables but I wished with all my heart to one day cook myself. Even though I was in a group I still felt like my dream came true. I hope I can do some more cooking later on and people could try it if they would like too.
    From Katharine

8. Dear 3/4W,
    I really enjoyed Matterchef because it was great seeing everyone getting so creative with their dishes! I also enjoyed trying the yummy food 🙂
    From Ms Wong

9. Dear 3/4w
    I had a really had a good time at matter chef. I really liked how we got to cook anything we wanted.
    From yianni