Term 2 has been a whirlwind of fun. We have participated in so many different activities. Some of them include:
- Matter Chef where we were put in 5 teams and we had to cook using eggs as our mystery item and a variety of ingredients. We were judged on our cooking and the judges had to taste our food. Ms Wong even tasted our food!
- Swimming for two weeks. We really enjoyed learning new strokes and going on large inflatable obstacle course.
- Having the forensic science incursion. We were told a diamond was stolen and we had to use clues to work out who was the thief out of four suspects.
- The Winter Concert where some people in 3/4W played the violin and guitar for the orchestras.
- Cross Country where we had to run 2km around a park.
- The illustrator/author Craig Smith visiting 3/4W. He showed us some of his great drawings and we had a go of drawing a kid on a skateboard.
- Art where we used clay to make pinch pots and clay figures.
- Mad about the Science incursion where a scientist spoke to us about dry ice and taught us about the different states of matter – gas, solid and liquid.
- Narrative writing where we wrote from the point of view of a character from a fairy tale. For example, writing from the point of view of Rumplestilskin or Goldilocks.
- Narrative writing where we wrote a sequel to a fairy tale. For example, writing what happens next in Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- The Biggest Morning Tea to raise money for the Cancer Council with our Year 1/2 buddy class.
- Maths times tables. We are hoping to get our licences soon.
- Having a student teacher, Ms Field, work with us for two weeks. She helped us with our science experiments.
- Reading groups where we read interesting books including The Twits, In Big Trouble and Veruschka Babushka.
- Maths fractions where we made fraction posters on what is a half.
What was your favourite activity this term and why?