Vivid Visual Literacy Learning By Rhiannon and Vicka

This term 3/4w has been learning about visual literacy. We learnt about different layouts, shots and angles. Here is an example of a shot. A silhouette for instance is to show outlines of subjects against the light to create a mood. An example of an angle is a high angle. A high angle is an aerial or high shot placed above the subject suggesting looking down at them or to emphasise or perspective. We worked hard to illustrate some pictures to accompany our narrative pieces thinking about different layouts, shots and angles.

Look at some pictures we did. What layouts, shots and angles do you see?

34W Visual literacy portrait-1egp6i3

34W visual lit landscape-1ym4jjb

5 thoughts on “Vivid Visual Literacy Learning By Rhiannon and Vicka

1. Dear 3/4W,
    Well done on creating such interesting visual images to accompany your narrative pieces. I enjoyed reading your pieces and viewing your pictures! In the pictures, I saw some extreme close up and aerial shots.
    Also, great work Rhiannon and Vicka on your post.
    From Ms Wong

2. Dear 3/4W,
    I saw close up shot of a face. I also saw a lot of long shots. I think 3/4W did a good job of our visual images.
    From Tomas

3. Dear 3/4W,
    I saw a picture of The Evil Queen. I think it was a close up. It was at eye level. There was lots of other fantastic pictures. We did a great job. Well done Vicka and Rhiannon. You made a terrific post!
    From Amy

4. Dear 3/4W,

I really enjoyed doing visual literacy because it inspired some of my drawing and now I have more ideas when it comes to drawing. I also learned about what some of the colours repreasent, like red is anger.

from Wonlee 😮