Amazing Camp at Philip Island

Last week, 3/4W went on school camp. Everyone had a blast at Phillip Island. We got to go to the penguin parade and chance to go to the nobbies. We did many activities including:

Archery

Giant Swing

Camp Cooking

Free Choice

Single Flying Fox

When we went to the penguin parade we saw penguins waddling up the beach and going into their burrows.

Things we enjoyed about camp:

• The giant swing because it was really high so we got a good view. It was fun and scary.
  • The camp concert because the teachers did a funny dance to ‘Can’t stop that feeling’.
  • The camp cooking because we got to eat so many pancakes.
  • Archery because it was exciting and challenging to shoot the arrows.
  • The flying fox because we got to speed along the field.
  • Eating all the yummy food like the tomato soup, hot chocolate, chocolate mousse, garlic bread and so on.
  • Free choice in our camp groups because we could do different activities like table tennis, Monopoly, Lego and Ed’s Alley.
  • The movie night where we watched ‘Finding Dory’ because we got to eat popcorn and it was an exciting movie.
  • Cabin time because we could spend time with our friends.

Things that could be improved about camp:

• The flying fox could be longer so it would be more fun.
  • The giant swing could be higher so we could challenge ourselves more.
  • Camp could be longer than 2 nights and 3 days because it was so fun and went too quickly.
  • Archery could have 5 arrows instead of 3 so people could have more time to get better at aiming at the bull’s eye. We also wish that there were more targets so more people could have a go at the same time.
  • Cabin time could be longer because then we get to spend more time with our friends.

What did you enjoy about camp and why? Or if you didn’t go to camp, what do you think you would have enjoyed?

64 thoughts on “Amazing Camp at Philip Island

• Dear Ka Shing
      I agree the pancakes were delicious. It was so good I had two servings.

From Rhiannon 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

• Dear Shari,
        I also enjoyed the Giant Swing. But I liked the camp concert and the food better, I wish we could get second helping of the spaghetti bolagnaise. I also enjoyed archery, I got 40 points how about you?
        From Dou dou 🙂 😉

• Dear Dou Dou,
          I got only 15 points for archery because 2 of my arrows landed on the ground and 1 landed on the blue. I agree with you about the spaghetti, I so wish I could go to camp again, but one question: How high did you go for the giant swing? I went 13m! (I’ts not that much.)
          From Shari! 🙂

• Dear Ka shing,
      I also agree the pancakes were sooooooo amazing! I loved chosing my own yummy toppings to put on my pancakes and putting the flour in the bowl
      From Vicka 😉 😉 😉 😉

1. Dear 34W,
    I enjoyed the giant swing beacuse we went so high and we came swinging down it was fun at the same time it was scary and I also enjoyed archery because I have never done archery before. My favorite part about camp was cabin time because you got to know more people and spend time with your friends.
    From Sophie

• Dear Amy,
        I loved archery and cabin time too! I was amazed at how much points I got, but didn’t you say that you hurt 6 of your fingers? I liked cabin time because I got to play with my cabin pals.
        From Katharine 😉 ;0 🙂

2. Dear 3/4W,
    I hope that you enjoyed the amazing camp. The best activity was the GIANT swing because the max height was 16 meters and the flying fox was fun too. what do you like at camp?
    from kwongkwong

3. Dear 34W,
    I enjoyed cabin time because you get to know better about your friends and spend time with them and I enjoyed the camp cooking because we get to cook pancakes and eat it.
    From Shauna

• Dear Shauna,
      I also enjoyed making friends during cabin time. The pancakes in camp cooking were delicious! Weren’t they!
      From Amy 😉

• Dear Omi,
      I also really enjoyed the giant swing. Camp cooking was fun to make the pancakes but I was really full after that!
      From Amy 😉

4. Dear 3/4W,
    I really enjoyed the giant swing. It was really fun but also scary. It felt like we were dropping! Did you like the giant swing?
    From Amy 🙂

• Dear Taiyo,
      I also enjoyed the giant swing . It was awesome. I think we should do it again but higher.

Your sincerely Sean :o:o:o:o:o:o

• Dear Taiyo,

I also liked the giant swing it also gave me a fright when you had to pull the rope. I also enjoyed cabin time and got ALL my friends in my cabin.

From your friend, Wonlee 😉

5. Dear 3/4W
    I had the best time ever at camp it was so much fun. My favourite activites were archery and the giant swing although I was a bit scared at first when I was on the giant swing. I was pretty happy when I go bullyseye first shot in archery.
    I also enjoyed being with my friends and eating all the yummy food.

From Rhiannon 🙂 😉 😮

• Dear Rhiannon,
      I’m glad you enjoyed camp so much! What were some of your favourite foods? I loved the food too!
      From Ms Wong

6. Dear 34w,
    I enjoyed the giant swing because it scary and aawesome. I also liked the cabin brcause I had all of my friends.
    From Sean 😮

• Dear Sean,

I hope you had a great time at camp and I also liked cabin time and I remember youn where one of my roommates.

From Wonlee 🙂

7. Dear 3/4W,

I had a terrific time at camp, I hope you also did and one of my favorite activities was the… Giant Swing! I found it that way because I found it scary when I had to pull the black handle and swing up and down.

From Wonlee 😮

8. Dear 3/4W,
    I enjoyed the Giant swing and the flying fox as it was very high and you got to swing down at an alarming rate. Though I wish I had got a 2nd go.

I also enjoyed the flying fox because as we were flying to the other end of the flying fox, it was so fast like the speed of light. I also wish the flying fox was way longer like last year (2016).

From Shari 😉

9. Dear 3/4W,
    I really enjoyed everything at camp but some of my highlights were going to the top of the giant swing and learning how to do archery. one of the things that could of been improved would have been the flying fox because it was a little to short.

From Ayla 🙂

10. Dear Ayla,
    I agree with everything you said but I really really really wanted a 2nd go on the Giant Swing, and yes the giant was too short 😮

From Shari 🙂 😮

11. I enjoyed the giant swing because you can go as high as you want and it is really fast. I also enjoyed archery because you get to use a bow and arrow.
    From Quan:)

12. Dear 3/4W,
    the thing I most enjoyed most about camp was the giant swing because you went so high then went crashing down.
    From Tom

13. Dear 3/4w,
    I had a lot of fun at camp, here are all the activities we did over there Free Time, Giant swing, Camp Cooking, archery and flying fox.
    From Akshaya 🙂

14. Dear 3/4W,
    I enjoyed seeing fairy penguins because it was fun and interesting. I also liked eating pancakes because because it was fun making them and it was delicious.

From Wonlee

15. Dear 3/4W,
    Your camp sounds awesome. Seems like you guys had an amazing time. I can totally relate because we also went on camp to Phillip Island in 2015 [when I was in class 3]. When we went there my favourite thing was The Giant Swing. It was really cool and adventurous. How many of you went all the way to the top? You would be having your holidays soon right? If you do enjoy them!!

From Dhriti 🙂

• Dear Dhriti,
      Most of us went all the to the top. It was really scary when we pulled the black string, it feels like in 0.0000000000000001 seconds, you drop down. It was super scary. It must be scarier in the olden days!
      From Doudou 🙂

• Dear Dhriti,
      Thank you for your reply (all the way from India, right?). We also really enjoyed camp at Philip Island. 23 students in 3/4W went to the top of the giant swing. During the first swing, some of us felt scared because as soon as you pulled the black rope, you went flying down and lost your stomach. We recently read your story about Cinderella with a twist and we thought it was amazing (very funny).
      Do you have school camp at your school?
      From 3/4W

16. Dear 3/4W,

I really enjoyed camp and liked the penguin parade. But they kept on going the other direction towards other people but on the way back I saw penguins close up.

From Wonlee 🙂 😛