Scripts and plays – Guest Post by Miss Ngyugen

For Reading this term, 3/4 W, we have been learning to identify the features of scripts, and the purpose of those features. In the text that we have been reading as a class, the script writers informs the reader that they are to create sound effects at various points, and 3/4 W certainly delivered.

We have also been looking at scripts in our Reading groups, where students were reading the roles of the characters in the text.

What are the features found in scripts? What have enjoyed about reading scripts so far?

25 thoughts on “Scripts and plays – Guest Post by Miss Ngyugen

1. Dear 3/4W
    In plays I enjoyed reading new stories of scripts and one of my favourite story is story called ‘The Land Of Oz’ and I learned that in plays the scene description normally goes at the start of the play.

From Shauna

2. Dear 34w
    i enjoyed the sound effects and playing roles and reading beauty and the beast and I like reading the land of oz’ it is a good book so far and I have learned about scenes and character descriptions.
    From Sophie 🙂

3. Dear 34W
    what some features of scripts are characters, dialogue and sound affects which makes you want to read more.

From Taiyo 😛 😉 :3

• Dear Taiyo,
      I also remember those features and they were very useful. I like to use sound effects as it is more interesting and more fun!

From Wonlee

4. Dear 34w,
    I think plays are fun. You get to use funny expressions while saying the character’s lines.
    Everyting about plays are awsome!

From Sean 😛 😛 😀 😛 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Dear Sean
      I agree. Plays and scripts are so much fun and awesome. I like trying to act different characters.
      From Rhiannon 🙂 🙂 😛 😛 😀 😀 🙂 🙂 😛 😛 😀 😀 😮 :O

5. Dear 3/4W and Ms Ngyugen
    Some features from a script are dialogues, characters, settings, scenes, and stage directions. So far what I have enjoyed is writing my own script.
    From Rhiannon

6. Dear 3/4W,
    The features of a script are characters, settings, chaarcter descriptions and stage cues. We enjoyed acting out the parts in Hansel and Gretel during teacher groups.

From Shari & Ayla! 😛 🙂 😀

7. Dear 3/4 W,

I like the experience of learning how scripts are formed and how to write dialogues. I also like to write scripts. Plus I like to read scripts as well. My favourite was Dick Whittington.

From William

8. Dear Ms Nguyen,

I like learning about scripts because sometimes they can be funny. Also they are really interesting and fun to write.

from Yianni

9. Dear Ms Nguyen,
    I have had fun learning new ways to describe and use upgraded vocabulary and it was interesting learning about many different types of texts.I am going to miss you when you leave.
    From Raphy

10. Dear 34W,
    I learnt features of scripts like Characters,Dialogue,Character description,Setting or where the story is set, Sound effects or music. I enjoyed reading scripts and being a character and I also enjoyed writing scripts.
    From Vicka 😉 🙂

11. Dear 3/4W,
    Hallo! It has been such fun learning how to write scrips,acting a play and learning about the features. For example there are:
    – sound effects
    – Dialogue
    – stage directions
    and more!
    From Katharine 😛 😀