For the past couple of weeks, 3/4W have been learning about shape. We have learnt that:
- Polyhedrons are 3D shapes that have flat faces and can stand up.
- Pyramids have an apex and triangular faces that meet at a point. They can stand.
- Spheres have no faces but they have a curved surface.
- Equilateral triangles are triangles with all the same size angles.
- Squares are a special type of rectangle because they have 4 right angles, like a rectangle. But rectangles are NOT squares.
We also entered the Victorian Coding Challenge by producing some shapes using Scratch. Have a look at some of the things we made!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62398960/ Star in the sea
What other things do you know about 2D or 3D shapes?