This term 3/4w has been learning about visual literacy. We learnt about different layouts, shots and angles. Here is an example of a shot. A silhouette for instance is to show outlines of subjects against the light to create a mood. An example of an angle is a high angle. A high angle is an aerial or high shot placed above the subject suggesting looking down at them or to emphasise or perspective. We worked hard to illustrate some pictures to accompany our narrative pieces thinking about different layouts, shots and angles.
Look at some pictures we did. What layouts, shots and angles do you see?
34W Visual literacy portrait-1egp6i3
34W visual lit landscape-1ym4jjb
Last term, 3/4W participated in an activity called Matter Chef. It was just like Master Chef. We had a mystery ingredient which was an egg. We had 5 minutes at the pantry, 10 minutes to put together our ingredients, and 10 minutes at the Matter chef frying pan. We had judges taste our food, which was delicious. We made food like pancakes and toast, with toppings of peaches and chocolate. Here are some photos of 3/4W making their dessert:
What was your favourite part of Matter Chef and why?
Or if you didn’t participate,
What do you think you would have most enjoyed?
This term, 3/4W went swimming at Aquarena and really enjoyed it. We went outdoors into the diving pool and practised in water that was deep. At the end of our 8 day swimming course, we had improved our swimming and survival skills. 9 out of 10 students would like to go to swimming again. Here are some strokes that we did.
What is your favourite stroke? If so, why do you like it?
This term, 3/4W have had a super term doing so many different activities. Some of our highlights included:
- Cross country because you got to do your personal best.
- PE playing the Star Wars game because we got to verse one another and this was a lot of fun.
- Science incursion with Rick in the hall because we learnt new things about science including sound and vibrations.
- Fizzics incursion because we got to see a fire made from flour, air and heat.
- Running club because you could improve your running around the school by beating your personal best.
- Presenting on a natural disaster because we used our creativity and it was fun.
- Using hexagons to connect our learning for integrated unit on natural disasters because we found out that a lot of things we learnt were linked.
- Writing our persuasive pieces and finding a powerful image to match it because it was great to see how people used different persuasive devices.
- Coding because you get to make new games and learn new things.
- Learning about data and graphing because it is interesting to compare results.
- Knitting club because we got to learn a new skill and make scarves for people who don’t have that much money.
- Our blog because we got to write posts and reply to one another.
- Reading groups and making an ad for the books we were reading.
What did you enjoy or find the most interesting this term? If you are not in 3/4W, what do you think sounds the most interesting?
I hope you all had a lovely break. I am very excited to be back at school this term! There are so many exciting things to look forward to such as:
- Our new integrated unit, ‘What’s the matter?’
- Hands on Science sessions
- An excursion
- Exciting maths topics
- Reading group books
What are you looking forward to in Term 2?