In Term 2, 3/4W had two sessions of Hands on Science. We explored different science activities and learnt about different states of matter including gases, liquids and solids. Some highlights include:
- Touching balloons with gas, solids and liquids.
- Doing experiments with liquids. We waved glycerin and purple crystals on top of flame.
- We learnt what happens when you wave citric acid over a flame.
- Touching the strange dough like object made out of hair conditioner, baby oil and corn flour.
- Seeing which melted first out of chocolate and wax. What do you think melted first?
- Seeing what happens when we leave water and mentholated spirits on a lid.
- Putting yeast in different jars, all with different temperatures, then putting balloons over the jar and seeing what happened.
Have a look at our photos below.
Hands on Science on PhotoPeach
What do you know about solids, liquids and gases?